Stuffed cucumber bites is an easy and satisfying appetizer everyone loves.
With New Years Eve coming soon, I think an easy, tasty hors d’oeuvre that can be made quickly and will feed your many guests is in order. This is tasty and so easy, you will love it. You just need to squeeze the cream cheese from a piping bag (like this one linked here), into the hollowed out cucumbers! It will look like you spent a lot of time preparing this, but it is really simple. The finished product is Stuffed Cucumber Bites!
MaryJo gives this a two thumbs up! And she’s the primo taste expert.
History of Stuffed Cucumber Bites
So, we were asked to bring a small appetizer to a party. And the party was on a houseboat that our friend has at our old marina and she lives on the boat full time. (So did we until we sold our boat and moved on land)! Laurie always has a big crowd of people on her boat and the party goes way past my bedtime! Anyway, I made a double batch of stuffed cucumber bites and people loved them. They are not gut filling so you can eat several, but still have room for the meatballs in gravy and the little wieners drenched in sweet BBQ sauce that other people brought. Know what I mean? I love potluck appetizers and this one is a winner. And I did eat a couple little wieners.
Stuffed cucumber bites are something I will be bringing to the big games. Really easy and delicious.
If you don’t particularly like cucumbers, use 1 inch pieces of tender celery, You know, the inside pieces that are not as chewy as the outside stalks. (Save those for cooking with)! Just square off the bottom on the celery a little so it will stand up. Either way, these easy appetizers are winners.
Surprise your friends and family by bringing a great tasting and delicious looking party treat! Just make sure that you make enough for everyone.
Here’s the simple recipe…
STUFFED CUCUMBER BITES
- 2 cucumbers , peeled and sliced 3/4 inch thick and hollowed with a melon baller
- 8 oz block cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Halved grape tomatoes
- Peel and slice cucumbers to 3/4 thick.
- With a melon baller, cut out center portion of the cucumber
- Mix the cream cheese, mayo, hidden valley ranch mix and salt in a bowl.
- Place in a pastry bag with a rosette pipette end
- Pipe cucumber slice with cream cheese to 1/2 inch above cucumber
- Stand a halved grape tomato in the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle with chives or parsley to garnish
- 2 cucumbers will make approximately 16 appetizers.
- Nutrition information is for one appetizer.
Disclaimer: This post contains an affiliate link.