Yum! I’m lovin’ grilled chicken…especially when it is super moist and full of flavor. This herb crusted chicken breast is fantastic. What makes it good and tasty is not only the spices but the method I used to make this chicken breast.
Have you noticed that it seems like skinless, boneless chicken breasts seem to be getting bigger all the time? The breast that I cooked up for this photoshoot was a full 11 ounces of meat. Enough for MaryJo and me for a meal.
What this means too is that these thick kinds of breasts can be grilled in a skillet and then finished off in the oven. I’ve found that when you do your chicken this way, it stays a lot more moist and tender.
Herb Crusted Chicken Breast
I prepped the white meat chicken breast by very lightly coating it with olive oil, then adding a little Kosher salt, garlic powder, and herbes de Provence. Actually, you can pretty much use any savory spices you want.
The blend of herbs in herbes de Provence contains rosemary, fennel, thyme, basil, tarragon, dill, and oregano, so it is a combination of spices I really like.
I heated up my cast iron grill pan until it was really hot and seared both sides of the chicken for about 4 minutes a side until they were golden brown. I then placed the pan in a preheated 350° oven.
It took about 12 minutes to get the chicken to register 140° on my instant-read thermometer.
I then placed the chicken on a cutting board and covered it with foil for about 5 minutes to rest. Then just carve it up and serve!
This herb crusted chicken white meat tastes similar to the herb crusted chicken at Texas Roadhouse. (But it is a lot less salty!) You would just have to grill and caramelize a lemon half to squeeze on for flavor.
MaryJo and I actually had chicken cooked the same way last night and it was so good I wanted to share it with you. I fixed some lemon and herb quinoa to go with it, along with the broccoli.
Here Are Some More Side Items For Pairing
- Twice-baked Sweet Potatoes
- Restaurant Quality Caesar Salad
- Green Beans with Bacon
- Pan Fried Potatoes and Onions
- Golden Crispy Oven Fries
Try this method of cooking your herb crusted chicken breast, especially larger breasts. It turns out moist and tasty.
Grilled Herb Crusted Chicken Breast
- Boneless , skinless chicken breast, (see notes)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp herbes de Provence
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- garlic powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350°
- Lightly coat chicken breast with olive oil, then sprinkle all sides with salt, garlic powder, and herbes de Provence, (or other spices as desired).
- Lightly oil a heavy, oven safe skillet, (cast iron grill pan) and heat on burner to medium high to high.
- Sear each side of the chicken for 3 1/2 to 4 minutes.
- Place the skillet into the oven and bake the chicken until the internal temperature is 140° as checked by a thermometer, 12 to 14 minutes depending on the thickness of the breasts.
- Remove the chicken and place on a cutting board or plate and cover with foil to rest 5 minutes.
- Serve your delicious breast of bird!