Yesterday I posted the Caribbean Black Beans and Rice recipe to go with this chicken thigh dish. Chicken Yucatan and black beans ans rice are perfect together. (If you got redirected from raspberry glazed chicken, I deleted that post. You should try this one instead)!
And yesterday I took a chance that it wouldn’t freeze here in Dunedin, Florida. Well, I got up at quarter to seven, checked the temp, and it was an even 32 degrees here. Too cold for the end of February! It should be starting to be in the mid 70’s by day and only 55 at night! We will see if I lose any plants.
I can imagine the little anole lizards that live under our doublewide freezing their toes off! Recently, I had an idea to put one or two of those fake stone heaters that pet stores have for reptile owners, under the trailer. I’m sure the lizards would love that. It wouldn’t cost much in electricity. I can just imagine a reptile heat stone fight with the lizards vying for the best spot. I’d have to also set up an elaborate camera system to catch all the action, then post it on youtube. I could see lizard wars going viral! Hell, I’d waste 5 or 6 minutes looking at that! Who wouldn’t? I love those little critters!
The lizards under the house probably just wait for me to wake up and turn the furnace on and gather around the leaks in the ductwork. I should crawl under there some morning to check it out! Hey, what else do I have to do? Maybe I should take a bunch of mealworms with me. Handfeeding lizards! That’s another youtube video. Stay tuned!
* * *
Chicken Yucatan is a baked chicken, doused with citrus and hot sauce to infuse flavors to the chicken. Works excellently with my Caribbean black beans and rice recipe.
This is really easy and requires just a little attention during the baking process. Every 7 or 8 minutes you baste the chicken with liquid goodness, your chicken is absorbing those citrus juices and spices and will taste great in 45 minutes.
Have this with my Caribbean black beans and rice.
Don’t worry about the lizards. I’ve got their lifestyle covered!
CHICKEN YUCATANPrint Pin Rate
- 3 tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
- 3 tbsp unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp chopped oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp tabasco
- 6 bone in chicken thighs , skin and excess fat removed
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- In a food processor, combine fruit juices,oregano, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, garlic, salt and tabasco.
- Puree until smooth
- Put chicken in a baking dish lightly sprayed with cooking oil
- Brush chicken with citrus herb mixture and put in oven
- Roast chicken for 40 to 45 minutes, basting every 7 or 8 minutes, turn chicken at 20 minutes.
- Use an instant read thermometer to check chicken
- Remove from heat at 155 to 160 degrees.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Serve hot or cold with black beans and rice
Why this works!