Linguine white bean pasta recipe is a thirty-minute meal that is simple but so satisfying. Made with ingredients you probably have on hand.
Well as always, the best-laid plans of mice and men often go astray! Welcome to Meatless Monday! By the time you see this, it will probably be Wednesday. The dang little football game got in my way. Anyone else catch it? I’m not going to comment on the game since I was pretty neutral except that I admire Tom Brady’s attitude. He sees himself playing until he’s about 45 years old. Now that is someone who love’s the game. Kind of a George Blanda of the 21st century. Blanda played for 26 seasons and retired when he was 48!
Needless to say, I didn’t get any extra cooking done on Sunday night. I was thinking about you though and thought a meatless Monday was in order after eating Super Bowl food. MaryJo and I had homemade pizza and of course the famous Boyle Clam Dip with chips.
Linguine, white bean pasta is a totally vegetarian dish that MaryJo and I had on Monday night. It is a quick, delicious pasta meal. It uses ingredients that you might have on hand and wouldn’t require a trip to the store.
- linguine pasta
- sweet red or yellow bell pepper
- garlic cloves
- vegetable broth
- olive oil
- can of white beans, great northern, or cannellini
- cayenne pepper
- Parmesan cheese
Cook the pasta until al dente according to package instructions and drain and set aside.
Use a large skillet and add the oil, pepper, and onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and stir it in and cook for 30 seconds more. At this point, you are almost eating this is so fast to make.
Add the vegetable broth, beans, and parsley and bring to a boil. Then use a potato masher or a fork to crush about half of the beans to thicken the sauce. Stir the pasta into the sauce and toss to combine.
Serve this hot and add grated parmesan and extra parsley.
This is surprisingly good and we have it quite often. It’s nutritious and satisfying.
Here are some more tasty recipes to try:
- Fresh Green Beans with Mushrooms and Bacon
- Green Beans with Bacon and Onions
- Thanksgiving Classic Green Bean Casserole
- Pesto Pasta with Broccoli and Tomatoes
- Easy Spinach Mushroom Pasta
Linguine White Bean Pasta
- 8 ounces linguine , cooked al dente according to package instructions
- 1 red pepper , diced
- 1/2 medium onion , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth , (Knorr broth cube)
- 1 15 ounce can white beans , drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or more to your taste)
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley , and additional for garnish
- grated parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet on medium heat combine oil, peppers and onion and cook for 4 or 5 minutes until softened.
- Add garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Add vegetable broth, beans and parsley and simmer until heated through.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Crush about half of the beans with a potato masher, fork or other suitable tool.
- Stir to thicken broth.
- Add the pasta and toss to combine.
- Serve with grated parmesan and parsley garnish.
- Substitute sun dried tomatoes or diced roma tomatoes for the red bell pepper if desired.
- Add a little more cayenne pepper to make it a little spicier.
This recipe post has been updated on November 18, 2021