Linguini white bean pasta recipe is a thirty minute meal that is simple but so satisfying. Made with ingredients you probably have on hand.
Well as always, the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray! Welcome to Meatless Monday! By the time you see this, it will probably be Wednesday. The dang little football game got in my way. Anyone else catch it? I’m not going to comment on the game since I was pretty neutral except that I admire Tom Brady’s attitude. He see’s himself playing until he’s about 45 years old. Now that is someone who love’s the game. Kind of a George Blanda of the 21st century. Blanda played for 26 seasons and retired when he was 48!
Needless to say, I didn’t get any extra cooking done on Sunday night. I was thinking about you though and thought a meatless Monday was in order after eating Super Bowl food. MaryJo and I had homemade pizza and of course the famous Boyle Clam Dip with chips.
Linguini, white bean pasta is a totally vegetarian dish that MaryJo and I had on Monday night. It is a quick, delicious pasta meal. It uses ingredients that you might have on hand and wouldn’t require a trip to the store. You could also substitute tomatoes for the red pepper and it would be great. The key is getting the protein from the beans and the fact that they add to thickening the broth.
I just had to comment also on the new Boos Block cutting board MaryJo bought. I’ve been using it as a back drop for some photos recently. I mentioned to her that we should have a cutting board top for our portable dishwasher. Next thing I know, MaryJo texts me with a picture and dimensions of this board. It fits almost perfectly on the dishwasher; almost like it was custom sized. She got it home and I placed it on the dishwasher and immediately said we can’t use this for cutting! It’s too beautiful. It is 1 1/2 inches thick, solid walnut. I just cannot cut into this thing so I still put my old maple Boos Block board on top of the walnut to chop. I may change my mind in the future, but it is one beautiful board. To check out Boos Boards click here.
LINGUINI WHITE BEAN PASTA
- 8 ounces linguini , cooked al dente according to package instructions
- 1 red pepper , diced
- 1/2 medium onion , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth , (Knorr broth cube)
- 1 15 ounce can white beans , drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or more to your taste)
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley , and additional for garnish
- grated parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet on medium heat combine oil, peppers and onion and cook for 4 or 5 minutes until softened.
- Add garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds
- Add vegetable broth, beans and parsley and simmer until heated through
- Add salt and pepper
- Crush about half of the beans with a potato masher, fork or other suitable tool
- Stir to thicken broth
- Add the pasta and toss to combine.
- Serve with grated parmesan and parsley garnish
- Substitute sun dried tomatoes or diced roma tomatoes for the red bell pepper if desired.
- Add a little more cayenne pepper to make it a little spicier.