If you’d rather not start your oven on these hot summer days, make pan braised baby potatoes and add a little rosemary and garlic. It only takes about 25 minutes for perfectly browned yummy potatoes.
I know the baby potatoes cost a little more than full sized potatoes, but less than a pound of the babies will make enough servings for 3 adults. And when they taste so good…who cares what they cost?
And who doesn’t like easy? Cut the potatoes in half and boil them in a covered skillet, in about 1 1/2 cups of water with rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper.
Fifteen minutes softens them. Pour off the remaining water, then another 10 or 12 minutes totally browns the potatoes in some olive oil.
Serve these with a drizzle of olive oil that’s been infused with garlic which was softened with the potatoes and minced to a paste. These pan braised baby potatoes would be perfect with any kind of meat for a nice dinner. Or have them as a more casual side dish with appetizers.
No matter how you serve them, everyone will love the flavor of the pan braised baby potatoes.
So this post is going out on June 13th. Mary Jo and I are getting packed up to go to Minnesota for the summer. It’ll be good to get into less humidity and to see our kids. Please stay tuned for more tasty recipes in about 8 or 9 days.
Pan Braised Baby Potatoes with Rosemary and Garlic
- 14 oz. baby potatoes halved
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Place the potatoes in a non-stick skillet, cut side down, with water, garlic cloves, rosemary sprigs, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then lower temperature and cover the skillet for 12 to 15 minutes, until a knife easily pierces the potato. Remove the rosemary and garlic.
- Pour off the remaining water, put the skillet back on the stove and raise the temperature to medium high. Drizzle in 3 tbsps olive oil and sear for another 8 to 12 minutes until the potatoes are nicely browned.
- Mince and paste the garlic and place in 2 tbsps olive oil. Discard the rosemary sprigs.
- Serve hot with garlic olive oil drizzle, salt and pepper to taste and chopped parsley.
We love baby potatoes, We look forward to your recipe of adding garlic and rosemary!
Hey Alan, just like oven browned without the oven.
My mouth is watering just looking at the photo…
Hey John. It’s a simple way to get nicely browned potatoes. Thanks for the comment.