What if you came home from work and craved LASAGNA? Lasagna takes like 2 hours or more to make right? Well you could go to the nearest Italian restaurant or you could prepare your own 45 minute skillet lasagna. Same great taste in a hassle free 45 minutes.
Crack a nice red wine and start putting your own delicious lasagna dish together. This recipe uses all the same ingredients as baked lasagna, including traditional lasagna noodles, but will be ready to eat in 45 minutes.
I made this on Saturday and started it at about 11:00 am. I was eating it for lunch soon after while taking a few photos. And, it turns out, the leftovers became an impromptu supper for 6 people that evening. It was super good re-heated. Make sure you print this recipe and have it often!
45 MINUTE LASAGNA
- 1 28 oz . can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz . water
- 1 small to medium onion , diced
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 pound bulk , mild Italian sausage
- 10 lasagna noodles , broken into 2 inch pieces
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 15 oz . container ricotta cheese
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- Heat oil on medium in a 12 inch skillet. Add onion and salt and cook until the onion just starts to brown, (6 minutes)
- Stir in garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes. cook 30 seconds.
- Add ground, bulk sausage and cook until no longer pink, (4-5 minutes).
- Add pasta pieces on top of the meat.
- Cover pasta with tomatoes and tomato sauce and 4 oz water, reduce heat to simmer and cover the skillet.
- Stir occasionally until the pasta is cooked through, (20 minutes)
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese then sprinkle with mozzarella and place heaping tablespoons of ricotta on the sauce. Cover for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the chopped basil then serve.
This is really good. Share it with friends!