Here’s a great tasting lunch/brunch idea…smoked salmon egg salad lettuce wrap. The flavor blend in this dish is amazing.
Disclaimer: This recipe post for smoked salmon egg salad lettuce wrap contains an affiliate link.
I really love smoked salmon, especially the cold smoked kind. It is sold in small packages of 3 or 4 ounces and is a little pricey. The package I bought was around $5.00 for 3 ounces. The thing about it though, is that you get so much flavor out of the salmon and it easily flavors anything it’s blended with. In this case, it is added to an egg salad with dill and capers and the salmon flavor easily shines through. You should also check out my recipe for creamy scrambled eggs with smoked salmon. Did I say I love smoked salmon?
First off though…the hard-cooked eggs. We received an electric Crock Pot pressure cooker , (#affiliate link), for Christmas, (just like an Instant Pot), and use it constantly. I read somewhere that if you cook eggs in the pressure cooker, the shells are much easier to get off. One of my pet peeves are eggshells that are hard to remove and you end up ripping the egg white. Take a look at the photo above and look at how there are hemispheres of eggshells. These were incredibly easy to peel and it was 8 minutes in the pressure cooker. And you can pressure cook as many eggs as fit into the pot and the time would be the same.
Anyone thinking easy deviled eggs?
Making the Smoked Salmon Egg Salad
Here’s a shot of most of the ingredients used in smoked salmon egg salad lettuce wrap. You’ll notice I’ve got a handy dandy egg slicer to chop up the eggs. If you don’t have one of these you can do a coarse chop with a paring knife, then finish up by smashing the eggs with a fork. A pastry cutter works well too.
I used Boston lettuce for this, but romaine, bibb, or butter lettuce would also be a good choice. Just depends on what your market carries.
I used a #16 ice cream scoop to plop the egg salad onto the lettuce, reserved some extra salmon chunks for a garnish, and then added a bit more chopped dill.
This made a delicious lunch meal. The simple egg salad lettuce wrap recipe is below.
Here are some more salad ideas you may like:
- Fresh Garden Greens Salad
- Shaved Radish Salad with Feta Cheese
- Kale and Fennel Salad
- Peach Cucumber Salad
- Fresh Greens Salad with Basil and Mint
- Traditional Caesar Salad
Smoked salmon egg salad lettuce wrap
- 6 large hard boiled eggs
- 3 oz. smoked salmon, (cold smoked)
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, large stems removed,chopped plus more for garnish if desired
- 1 1/2 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 6 Boston lettuce leaves
- Chop hard boiled eggs into a large bowl using an egg slicer, pastry cutter or other tool.
- Chop smoked salmon into small pieces, reserving 6 larger pieces for garnish, if desired.
- Add the salmon, dill, capers, mayonnaise and pepper and fold together. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Place 1/4 cup of salad, (#16 scoop), on each lettuce leaf and garnish with additional salmon and dill.