Good side dishes make good meals. That’s why roasted red potatoes with onions and bacon works. Same as your ordinary roasted potatoes but kicked up with onions and Bacon! Get ready for delicious.
Toss your bite-sized pieces of potato along with lots of onion slices. Add to that a lot of fresh oregano and thyme. Mix it all up with some olive oil, then stir in some bacon bits. And make sure you use some really flavorful, smokey bacon. It makes all the difference.
Set your oven at 400° and timer for 20 minutes. At 20 minutes, stir and turn the potatoes. Another 20 to 25 minutes and you’ll have nicely browned potatoes and onions that are caramelized and slightly crunchy. And the bacon and all its flavor will be infused everywhere.
Serve this with baked chicken or pork. Be sure you make more than you think you’ll need. You’ll have people nibbling off the serving dish at the end of the meal. Yeah, it’s that good.
HERE ARE SOME MORE TASTY RECIPES TO TRY:
- Bacon wrapped chicken bites
- Sweet potato with caramelized onion skillet
- Pan sear cauliflower with bacon and garlic
- Roasted potato appetizer with chive sauce
- Pressure cooker warm potato salad
Roasted Red Potatoes with Onions and Bacon
- 5 medium red potatoes , washed and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 small onions , chopped into slivers along the axis
- 2 slabs thick cut smokey bacon , chopped into 1/2" bits
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 to 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme , coarse chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Mix ingredients in a medium sized bowl and stir to evenly coat
- Spray a large baking sheet lightly with cooking oil, the spread ingredients evenly on the sheet
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes, then toss and turn the potatoes, then roast for another 20 to 25 minutes
- Serve hot