Creamy garlic sauce is easy to make and tastes great on meats and vegetables. The recipe uses simple ingredients and the garlic sauce can be made in 30 to 35 minutes.
Mary Jo picked up some pre-made Key West Pink Shrimp Ravioli at the seafood market the other day when she also bought us a nice grouper filet. (By the way, the grouper was fabulous). The ravioli is prepared by boiling the frozen pieces in water for 6 or 7 minutes. What we needed was a good garlic sauce to go with the ravioli and this was easy and excellent! This is Creamy Garlic Sauce, inspired by Robert Irvine of the Food Network. Robert seems to always keep things simple but he always brings out the best flavors in foods.
Garlic Sauce Ingredients
- 1/8 cup olive oil
4 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 lg shallot, finely chopped
1 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 cup heavy cream
In a skillet on medium heat, add olive oil, garlic, and shallot. Cook for about 5 minutes until the shallot is soft. Then add the wine, parsley, basil, and thyme. Cook this until the wine has reduced by about ½, which takes about 10 minutes.
At this point, you could strain the sauce with a fine strainer and it would make a smooth sauce. Mary Jo and I thought this would be nice if you were having company. We didn’t strain ours and had small herb and shallot bits in the sauce. (I later made this again and put the sauce in a blender to make a smoother sauce and this worked really well).
Turn up the heat a bit and add the heavy cream. Cook this for another 5 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken. Taste the sauce and add salt as needed. I added about a half teaspoon. Served right away with the ravioli.
You could use this sauce with any food that is good with garlic. Just about any seafood and it would be great on vegetables. Try this Creamy Garlic Sauce and let me know what you think.
Hey. Did you make this recipe? Let me know if you liked it in the comment section below. Also, drop a photo on your Instagram and tag @joeshealthymeals. I love seeing what you guys are making.
And give these tasty recipes a try:
- Slow Baked Dill and Citrus Salmon
- Creamy White Chicken Chili
- Seared Scallops with Garlic Pasta
- Pan Seared Cauliflower
- Summertime Seafood Gazpacho
Creamy Garlic Sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a skillet on medium heat, add olive oil, garlic and shallot. Cook 4 to 5 minutes until the shallot is soft.
- Add wine, parsley, basil, and thyme and cook until the wine has reduced by half, 10 minutes.
- Strain the sauce with a fine strainer if desired.
- Turn the heat to medium high and add the cream. Cook this for 5 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken. Taste and add salt if necessary. Serve warm.
- To make a smoother sauce, place in a blender for a minute.
This recipe post was updated on November 9, 2021.