Greek Style Turkey Burgers are tasty sandwiches with spices that remind of the Mediterranean. They are a special treat if you are tired of regular burgers.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
Have you ever picked up a package of ground turkey and made some burgers out of it? I know I have, and the burgers are always dry and kind of tasteless. Ground turkey works well in chili though. The difference is the spices!
In chili, you throw in all kinds of spices that make the turkey a good addition to the chili…less fat and less calories…and still a good source of protein. These Greek style turkey burgers takes a lesson from turkey chili and uses all kinds of added flavors to make a moist, tasty, and healthy burger. This recipe creates a really (I mean really), scrumptious meal.
Ingredients For The Turkey Burgers
Just look at all the goodness that is mixed with the ground turkey. Chopped spinach, roasted Red Peppers, chopped red onion, garlic, and crumbled Feta Cheese! To look at this combo, you might think that this would never hold together…but it does beautifully.
The turkey and Chopped Spinach have just the right amount of moisture to make everything stick together in Patty form. And aren’t these patties delicious-looking? They just scream flavors!
I grilled these on the stovetop in my Lodge cast iron griddle. I first sprayed it with Cooking Oil and brought the temperature of the griddle to 350°, which I checked with my Maverick laser temperature thermometer. 5 minutes per side and these were done. A non-stick grill, (George Foreman), or regular non-stick Skillet would work well too.
Make Some Greek Yogurt Dressing
MaryJo and I had these plain (no buns), with quinoa and sautéed vegetables. I also made a Greek yogurt dressing to go on the burgers. This would also be a great dressing if you were having your Turkey Burgers Greek style on a bun.
To make the dressing, mix 1 cup of plain Greek Yogurt with 1 minced garlic clove, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed, and a pinch of salt. It is a really simple, but tasty addition to the moist burgers.
Serve plain or on a bun with Sliced Cucumber and red onion. You will never think that ground turkey is boring again! This has got to be a must-try recipe. (Mary Jo made these again last night and they were excellent again. I had Leftovers for lunch today)!
And make sure you try these tasty recipes:
- Nutty Oat Burgers on Portabella Caps
- Hot Shredded Turkey Sandwiches for a Crowd
- Feta Greek Style Quesadillas
- Sweet Potato and Caramelized Onion Skillet
- Fresh Sweet Corn Fritters
Greek Style Turkey Burgers
- 1¼ pounds ground turkey , 93% lean
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers from a jar , chopped
- 3 - 4 oz . frozen chopped spinach , thawed and finely chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Thaw the frozen spinach and squeeze to remove most of the moisture, then finely chop.
- Mix ingredients in a large bowl, (this is best done with your hands)
- Form into 6 patties
- Grill on stove top cast iron grill or non-stick griddle, medium to medium high heat, 5 minutes per side until firm and nicely browned.
- Serve with Greek yogurt sauce, plain or on a bun (see notes)
- You could use 99% lean ground turkey. At my store, it was $2.00 more per package.
- Greek yogurt sauce...1 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 minced garlic clove, ¼ tsp dried dill weed, and a pinch of salt.