Amazingly Good Mexican Street Corn Salad
Charred, grilled corn kernels mixed with grape tomatoes and radishes with a delicious, spicy dressing. Sure to become a summer favorite salad.
Servings 4 servings
- 4 cups sweet corn, frozen, fresh or fresh grilled about 5 or 6 ears
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 or 4 big radishes, thinly sliced, (about a cup)
- 1/2 cup course chopped cilantro
- 3 oz. cotija or feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 fresh lime, zested and juiced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
Add vegetable oil, onions and corn to a hot skillet and cook, stirring occasionally until the corn is starting to char, 10 to 15 minutes. Add the garlic at the end of cooking and stir in. (A cast iron skillet works best). Place the corn into a large bowl to cool. Once slightly cooled, add the tomatoes, radishes and cilantro.
In a separate small bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients, then pour the dressing onto the corn and fold to combine. Taste and adjust salt and pepper to your liking. Top with crumbled cotija or feta cheese
Serve warm or at room temperature with extra cheese and cilantro if desired.