Kale Fennel Salad with Orange-Balsamic Dressing
This is a tasty salad containing lots of flavor from the fennel, orange, dried cherries, and slivered almonds.
Servings 4 servings
- 6 cups curly kale, washed and torn into pieces discard the larger stems
- 1/2 large fennel bulb thinly sliced
- 1 navel orange, sectioned from the skin
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1 oz. toasted sliced almonds about 1/4 cup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp good balsamic vinegar
- juice of leftover orange
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
For the dressing, mix together the orange juice, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.
Toss the salad ingredients, minus the orange sections, with the dressing in a large bowl. (The orange sections will absorb the brown color of the balsamic vinegar if tossed in the salad. Best to add them to individual servings).