WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
Great alternative to traditional chili.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion , finely chopped
- 2 pounds skinless , boneless chicken thighs, cubed to 1/2 inch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 4 oz . can chopped green chilis
- 1 15 oz . can white kidney beans , drained & rinsed
- 2 medium garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried cilantro
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- shredded Monterey jack cheese
- chopped green onion
- chopped fresh cilantro
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
Cook chicken and onions in olive oil in a heavy pan on medium high heat for 10 to 15 minutes until the chicken is done.
Add the chicken broth, chiilis, garlic, and spices. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Add the beans and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
Serve with the cheese, green onions, fresh cilantro, sour cream, and tortilla chips.