Greek Style Turkey Burgers
Turkey burgers with a taste of the Mediterranean.
Servings 6 burgers
- 1¼ pounds ground turkey , 93% lean
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers from a jar , chopped
- 3 - 4 oz . frozen chopped spinach , thawed and finely chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
Thaw the frozen spinach and squeeze to remove most of the moisture, then finely chop.
Mix ingredients in a large bowl, (this is best done with your hands)
Form into 6 patties
Grill on stove top cast iron grill or non-stick griddle, medium to medium high heat, 5 minutes per side until firm and nicely browned.
Serve with Greek yogurt sauce, plain or on a bun (see notes)
- You could use 99% lean ground turkey. At my store, it was $2.00 more per package.
- Greek yogurt sauce...1 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 minced garlic clove, ¼ tsp dried dill weed, and a pinch of salt.