Citrus Garlic Shrimp Recipe
Super easy, flavorful shrimp and pasta dish. Perfect for a week night meal.
Servings 2 servings
Large sauce pan
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 10 to 12 large garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine , such as sauvignon blanc *see note 3
- juice of 1 orange
- juice of 1 lemon
- juice of 2 limes
- zest of 1/2 orange and 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 10 oz. large shrimp , 10 or 12 shrimp
- 6 oz. spaghetti or other long pasta, cooked al dente
- pinch of salt and pepper
Cook the pasta in salted water until al dente and drain.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet on medium heat add butter, canola oil and garlic.
Cook for 1 minute.
Add wine, fruit juices and zest and bring to a low boil
Add the shrimp and red pepper flakes, and cook on one side for 1 minute, turn and cook on second side for 1 minute and take off the heat.
Immediately add the cooked pasta and stir to combine, adding salt and pepper if desired.You may also plate the pasta and spoon the shrimp and sauce over.
Serve with chopped parsley as a garnish if desired.
- Start the pasta boiling first, then start the garlic and citrus. When there are 2 minutes left for the pasta to finish, add the shrimp to the skillet. The timing for finishing this should be pretty close. Easy peasy!
- Taste the sauce. If it is sharply acidic, add 1 or 2 teaspoons of honey. This could happen if your orange isn't very sweet.
- If the sauce boils down add a bit more wine.