Kale and Wild Rice Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
Servings 6 servings
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups chopped curly kale , ripped from stem and washed and dried
- 3 to 4 oz. coarse chopped baby spinach
- 1 Asian pear , 1/2 inch dice
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts , coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup Craisins , dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup wild rice , boiled to yield 1 1/4 cups cooked
Toss all ingredients in a large bowl
Drizzle dressing over the salad until just coated.
Serve with remaining dressing on the side
Boil the wild rice in 5 or 6 cups of water until it is fully broken down, (75 to 90 minutes). Drain then cool by spreading on a baking sheet.
Nutrition information is for the dressing only based on 6 servings.
Calories: 113kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 0.1g | Fat: 9.1g | Saturated Fat: 1.2g | Sodium: 119mg | Sugar: 7.9g