Tomato Broccoli Pesto Pasta
Delicious, easy vegetarian meal using pre made pesto.
Servings 4 servings
- 8 oz . whole wheat rotini pasta , cooked according to package instructions
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves , minced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes , halved
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets , bite size
- 6 tbsp pesto
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook the pasta and drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water and set aside.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium and add garlic, cook for 30 seconds.
Add the broccoli florets and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the tomatoes and cook for 2 more minutes.
Add the cooked pasta, reserved pasta water, pesto and red pepper flakes and stir together.
Serve with grated parmesan cheese.
- Use any quality basil pesto in a jar. Refrigerate the unused pesto.