Cucumber Balsamic Caprese Salad
This is a simple salad that is easy to make.
Servings 2 servings
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes , halved, (or sliced medium tomatoes)
- 1/2 cucumber , peeled and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 7 or 8 large basil leaves , chopped
- 2 oz . fresh mozzarella , torn into bite sized pieces
- Reduced balsamic vinegar , about 1 tbsp
- Extra virgin olive oil , 1 to 2 tbsp
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Reduce balsamic vinegar on the stovetop on low heat, stirring occasionally, (I measured out 1/2 cup and reduced it 50%), 10 to 20 minutes. Let cool, refrigerate any leftovers.
Assemble salad in a shallow bowl or on a plate as desired, add salt and pepper, then drizzle with good extra virgin olive oil and then the reduced balsamic vinegar.