Cranberry Quick Bread
A perfect bread for a Thanksgiving Day brunch, (like you need more to eat on Thanksgiving)! Can be prepared a day ahead.
Servings 14 slices
- 1 large beaten egg
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 2 level cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces of whole cranberries (1 bag)
- 1 Tablespoon sugar for topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees; butter and flour a 9x5 loaf pan and set aside.
In medium bowl combine melted butter, egg and milk.
In a large bowl whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Add wet mixture to dry mixture, whisk to combine; fold in cranberries.
Pour batter into prepared loaf pan; sprinkle top with sugar. Bake till that toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hr to 1 hr 15 minutes.
Transfer to wire rack to cool 30 minutes, then invert & remove loaf from pan. Turn right side up to cool completely.
- The quick bread can be tightly wrapped in plastic and frozen for up to 2 months.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 177kcal