Extra Spicy Shrimp Stir Fry
Great, fast shrimp meal that tastes amazing.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 2 servings
- White rice cooked according to instructions , keep warm
- 12 oz . 21- 30 sized shrimp , de-veined, tails removed
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup red onion, coarsely chopped
- 12 oz. fresh snap peas, stems removed and rinsed, or frozen
- chopped peanuts, optional
- chopped green onion for garnish, optional
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp corn starch
Cook rice, if using, and keep warm.
In a large skillet or wok, heat sesame oil, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes on medium high heat, 30 seconds.
Add bell pepper, onion and snap peas and stir to coat with oil. Cook, stirring occasionally until the veggies are slightly softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the shrimp and stir or toss until the shrimp is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. The shrimp will be totally pink when done.
While the vegetables are cooking, mix the sauce ingredients in a sauce pan on medium heat and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes.
Remove the shrimp skillet from the heat and pour 1/2 of the sauce on the shrimp and vegetables and stir to coat, reserving the remainder for plated dishes.
Serve the shrimp over a bed of rice, and top with chopped peanuts, and green onion.
Add additional sauce if desired.
- Nutrition information is calculated using 1/2 cup white rice.
- 2 servings were calculated using the ingredient proportions in the recipe.
- Omitting the rice would save about 105 calories.