This is Neuman. He has grown up with a vegetarian dietitian and he eats just about anything that falls from the cutting board. Right here he waits for chopped peppers or broccoli. Yep, broccoli. So he’s waiting for me to drop or throw him something from this stir fried pork with rice noodles. Forget it man…we’re eatin’ this.
When I started this meal, it was going to be chicken stir fry but we’ve been having chicken pretty often. Amy had a couple of large pork chops in the freezer so it became stir fried pork with rice noodles. Take your pick, chicken or pork, either would work with these tasty ingredients.
Two of the ingredients I used are the same as I used in the Bang Bang Shrimp recipe I recently did. The Mae Ploy sweet chili sauce and Huy Fong chili garlic sauce are wonderful together. They give just the right amount of sweetness and heat when combined with the soy sauce.
When I put this all together, it looked like it would be enough for 5 or 6 people and we thought we’d have some leftovers. Well that didn’t happen. The four of us kept eating until it was all gone. So, I’m calling this recipe enough for 4 people. Eat up…stir fried pork with rice noodles is delicious!
- 10 oz . rice noodles , cooked al dente
- 12 oz . boneless pork , cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil , divided
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 8 oz . button mushrooms , sliced
- 1 lg. sweet pepper , sliced
- 1/4 cup Mae Ploy sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup Kikkoman low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp Huy Fong chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- pinch of salt
- Cook rice noodles in a large pan to al dente, drain and rinse with water and reserve. (mine took around 5 mins.)
- In a large skillet on medium high, add 1 tbsp vegetable oil and the pork, cook stirring until done, about 5 mins.
- Remove from the heat and place in a covered bowl.
- In the same skillet on medium heat, add 1 tbsp vegetable oil and the sliced mushrooms along with a pinch of salt and cook stirring for 5 mins.
- Next, add the broccoli, pepper, and wine and cook until softened, 5 to 7 mins.
- Add the cooked pork and noodles to the skillet and toss to combine.
- Mix the chili sauce, soy sauce and chili garlic sauce in a small bowl, then pour into the skillet.
- Toss and cook until the pork and noodles are heated through, 4 mins.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and serve hot.