Happy New Year! Are all your resolutions written down? If one of them is to cut the calories, here’s a recipe that’s tasty and oh so low in calories. Microwave garlicky cauliflower rice.
This cauliflower rice dish is so easy and comes to about 65 calories per serving, and that’s adding a little butter into the mix. I used garlic to kick up the flavor of this, but you could add other herbs and spices to doctor up the flavor. You could try an Italian seasoning blend or a Greek blend. It would be good with a little chicken stock thrown in. How good would a little drizzle of balsamic vinegar be? Yum.
I used aleppo pepper and chopped parsley and kept it pretty simple, but tasty.
This is a great side dish solution that’s a substitute for starchy potatoes or regular rice.
Any way you make cauliflower rice, it’s guaranteed to satisfy your tummy…in more ways than one.
Here Are Some More Tasty Recipes To Try:
- Roasted cauliflower in Buffalo sauce
- Pan seared cauliflower with bacon and garlic
- Creamy cauliflower soup
- Cauliflower crust Margherita pizza
- Cauliflower pasta
Microwave Garlicky Cauliflower Rice
- 1 medium head of cauliflower , cored and cut into florets
- 3 cloves garlic , course chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 to 2 tsp water
- 2 tbsp butter
- Aleppo pepper
- chopped parsley
- Other herbs and spices as desired
- Place half the cauliflower and garlic and 1/4 tsp salt in a food processor and pulse 8 to 10 times until the cauliflower is consistently finely chopped, add to a microwaveable bowl.
- Repeat with the remainder of the cauliflower, garlic and salt, and add to the bowl.
- Add 1 to 2 tsp of water to the bowl, cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 3 to 4 minutes on high, depending on the power of your microwave (mine is 1650 watts so 3 mins was enough)
- Stir in the butter then sprinkle with Aleppo pepper and chopped parsley.
- Serve hot.
- Prior to microwaving the cauliflower, add any other herbs and spices if desired