Happy New Year! Are all your resolutions written down? If one of them is to cut the calories, here’s a recipe that’s tasty and oh so low in calories. Microwave garlicky cauliflower rice.
This cauliflower dish is so easy and comes to about 65 calories per serving, and that’s adding a little butter into the mix. I used garlic to kick up the flavor of this, but you could add other herbs and spices to doctor up the flavor. You could try an Italian seasoning blend or a Greek blend. It would be good with a little chicken stock thrown in. How good would a little drizzle of balsamic vinegar be? Yum.
I used aleppo pepper and chopped parsley and kept it pretty simple, but tasty.
This is a great side dish solution that’s a substitute for starchy potatoes or regular rice.
Any way you make this, it’s guaranteed to satisfy your tummy…in more ways than one.
Here Are Some More Tasty Recipes To Try:
- Roasted cauliflower in Buffalo sauce
- Pan seared cauliflower with bacon and garlic
- Creamy cauliflower soup
- Cauliflower crust Margherita pizza
- Cauliflower pasta
Microwave Garlicky Cauliflower Rice
- 1 medium head of cauliflower , cored and cut into florets
- 3 cloves garlic , course chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 to 2 tsp water
- 2 tbsp butter
- Aleppo pepper
- chopped parsley
- Other herbs and spices as desired
- Place half the cauliflower and garlic and 1/4 tsp salt in a food processor and pulse 8 to 10 times until the cauliflower is consistently finely chopped, add to a microwaveable bowl.
- Repeat with the remainder of the cauliflower, garlic and salt, and add to the bowl.
- Add 1 to 2 tsp of water to the bowl, cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 3 to 4 minutes on high, depending on the power of your microwave (mine is 1650 watts so 3 mins was enough)
- Stir in the butter then sprinkle with Aleppo pepper and chopped parsley.
- Serve hot.
- Prior to microwaving the cauliflower, add any other herbs and spices if desired