Want something really cool and easy to make? The taste of this will blow your socks off! Super easy but oh so tasty. Grilled fruit with orange sauce should become your go to appetizer, champagne brunch fare or tasty dessert. This is so good. Invite some friends over for a grilled meal and have this for dessert. They will think you are the culinary genius!
Start with some simple fruit to grill. Pineapple, peaches and banana are perfect. Make sure your grate is pretty clean, otherwise the fruit will stick to it. Spray on some non-stick to insure that you can turn the fruit without it sticking. Make sure that your grill is pretty hot because you want to have some nice grill marks on the fruit. You are not really cooking the fruit, but just giving it a nice grill char. And giving it the smoky flavor of the grill.
Drizzle the orange sauce over the hot fruit and you are done! You can garnish your delectable fruit with some additional orange zest.
Grilled fruit with orange sauce is a definite 10 on the taste scale. And the sauce is only 77 calories per serving. It is sweet and tart and makes the grilled fruit taste amazing. You’ve got to try this. And I’ll bet that you could think of other ways to use the orange sauce…how about glazed chicken? Fish?
It is an easy sauce to make and is incredibly tasty!
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp honey
- juice of 1 lime
- pinch of salt
- grilled fruit of your choice , pineapple, peaches and banana work well
- Put orange juice and zest in a skillet on medium high heat
- Boil until the juice has reduced to a caramel consistency stirring occasionally, 10 to 15 mins, (lower the heat near the end of boiling to control the thickness)
- Remove from heat and add honey, lime juice and salt
- Serve hot over grilled fruit