Pressure cooker warm potato salad is a side dish that will pair well with meats, poultry, or fish. The flavor is fantastic and when cooked in a pressure cooker, takes minutes to make.
Pressure cookers are all the rage now because they cook things so fast and the technology today makes them so easy to use. Just push a couple buttons and let the cooker do all the work.
Mine is a Crock-Pot Multi use Express Crock, (affiliate link). There are other electric pressure cookers out there , so follow the instructions for your brand. If you have one of the old fashioned stovetop pressure cookers, you probably know how to steam cook your potatoes already. Just mix up this terrific dressing and serve!
I bought these cute baby potatoes which were a perfect size to halve.
I placed 2 cups of water into the pot and used a steamer basket, (affiliate link), rather than the grate that came with the cooker which seemed to have too big of gaps for the small potatoes.
I set the cooker to steam on high pressure for 5 minutes and the potatoes were perfectly done.
While the potatoes are cooking, mix up the simple but flavorful dressing for your pressure cooker warm potato salad. The garlic, red onion and sun-dried tomatoes are perfect on the steamed potatoes.
This recipe is a keeper.
Pressure Cooker Warm Potato Salad
- 1.5 lbs. baby potatoes halved
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes. chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped fine
- Place 2 cups of water into the pressure cooker, then add the halved baby potatoes on to the steamer grate. Sprinkle the potatoes with a little salt while you add them, (1/2 tsp).
- Lock the lid onto the cooker and select steam on high pressure and set for 5 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, whisk together the dressing ingredients, adding the additional 1/2 tsp salt and the pepper. I added half of the basil and kept the remainder to sprinkle on as a garnish.
- When the potatoes are done, place them into a large bowl and add the dressing then fold to combine.
- Serve warm sprinkling with more basil.