Peach cucumber salad with honey lime vinaigrette is a perfect complement to anything that’s barbecued or grilled. With peaches being plentiful right now, it’s time to make this salad!
The inspiration for this salad is from my Facebook friend from Stillwater, Minnesota, chef Molly Brandt, former Chef de Cuisine for Royal Caribbean cruise lines. Thanks Molly! Wonderful dinner you prepared for your husband and nice photos.
The dressing for this scrumptious salad is quite light but flavorful. I used extra virgin olive oil which itself has wonderful flavor, mixed with fresh lime juice, honey and a touch of white wine vinegar to give a little extra acidity. It is really a flavor treat with the sweetness of the peaches.
The addition of thinly sliced jalapeno peppers with the cucumber and peaches makes your mouth a little hot and crave some grilled or barbecued chicken or ribs.
I could eat this by itself with a nice grilled chicken thigh or a rack of spareribs slathered with BBQ sauce. Just add an ice cold brew or a cold sangria and you’d be all set. Here’s my sangria post if you’d like to make some.
The ingredient list in the recipe would be good for 4 individual salads. Although, I could see just making a big plateful of this peach cucumber salad with honey lime vinaigrette and having it in the middle of the table and let everyone grab a forkful whenever they like. Especially since they would have a big old plateful of barbecue chicken to deal with. Know what I mean?
Grab some fresh, tasty peaches right now when they’re in the stores. Mix up some honey lime vinaigrette and have some of this delicious peach and cucumber salad. And don’t skip out on the jalapeno. Your flavor buds will thank you.
Peach Cucumber Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 zest of 1 lime
- pinch salt
- 1 ripe peach pit removed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber thinly sliced
- 3 large radishes thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl or jar and whisk or shake to combine.
- Place ingredients in 4 separate shallow bowls or plates and coat with dressing.
- Alternatively, assemble ingredients on a single plate, add dressing, and serve as a serve yourself plate.