The amazing bread that MaryJo made today was perfect with the vegetable ravioli soup I made tonight. Easy as chopping up some vegetables and boiling water. What could be easier? We had dinner guests and everyone loved the soup and the bread. Win…win.
This is what you need to make if it’s a little cold out, you have no time to spare, and you want something that’s succulent and filling.
Just chop up a red bell pepper, 1/4 of a large red onion, 4 garlic cloves and a couple small zucchinis. Soften the onion and pepper in olive oil and add the garlic. Toss in the fire roasted chopped tomatoes, water and vegetable base and the soup is nearly done!
Add frozen ravioli for 3 or 4 minutes, then add the zucchini and cook for another 3 minutes. You are done!
This is a soup that is filled with veggies, and the recipe can easily feed 4 people, and still have leftovers. And you’ll definitely like leftovers.
We all slurped up our soup and had MaryJo’s fresh baked rolls. The bread which was made into rolls is pretty much the honey whole wheat bread found here, http://www.mjbakesalot.com/honey-whole-wheat-bread. Then we had just a little more soup.
This vegetable ravioli soup has all the good stuff for a low calorie, delicious meal. It’s a great blend of veggies and spices.
Vegetable ravioli soup is really easy to make and wonderful to eat. Make a pot full and…
Vegetable Ravioli Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper , diced
- 1/4 lg red onion , diced
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 14.5 oz . cans Hunts fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 tbsp Better than Bouillon seasoned vegetable base , (or 2 cups vegetable broth, 1 1/2 cups water)
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme , tied into a bunch
- 2 small zucchini , diced
- 9 oz .frozen cheese ravioli
- In a large stock pot or dutch oven on medium heat, add olive oil and add onion and pepper, stirring 4 to 5 mins
- Add the garlic until fragrant, 30 secs, and add tomatoes, water, bouillon, basil and thyme and bring to a boil.
- Add ravioli to boiling water, 3 mins
- Add diced zucchini for 3 minutes
- Turn off the heat, remove the thyme and let the soup rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with fresh made bread.