Time for some last minute gift giving ideas for the home chef. 12 gift ideas under 50 dollars. These are all practical tools to use at home and if you don’t have one of these, now is the time to get it. Either for the chef in your life or, what the heck, get it for yourself! There should be plenty of time yet to have it shipped to your house.
(If you are reading this in the email and would like to check out the product links, just click on the post title to open in your browser).
Disclaimer: Most of the links to the products listed are affiliate links. This means that if you purchase any of these by clicking on the link, I will receive a small commission for the sale.
- KitchenAid 3 1/2 cup food processor. This handy little food processor is powerful and a perfect size to mix up sauces or to chop vegetables. Seems like I use mine daily. It’s a fantastic price too. Choice of colors and free Amazon Prime shipping. It’s around $40. Check it out.
- Cuisinart immersion blender. If you don’t have one, now is the time. Perfect for pureeing soups and making smoothies.
3. Microplane Box Grater. Super sharp and the best box grater I’ve used. The front panel is removable if you ever need to get in and really clean it. It comes with a nice shield.
4. Mandoline slicer by LiBa. This mandoline is packed with accessories and reviews of this are excellent. Makes perfect slices easy.
5. KitchenAid mixer shredder/grater attachment. If you already have a KitchenAid stand mixer, you should have this shredder/grater attachment. Makes grating cheese a snap and with the shredder, you can make perfect potato slices for au gratin.
6. Microplane grater/zester. This little tool is the best for zesting lemons and limes and is perfect for grating hard cheeses like parmesan. Inexpensive and worth every dime you have to pay.
7. Wusthof classic 3 1/2 inch paring knife. Everyone can use one of these. This Wusthof Classic is sharp and stays sharp. It’s a $40.00 knife, but should last a lifetime.
8. Penzey’s Spices gift box. Go right to the Penzey’s website and check out their gift box selections. Their spices are always fresh and shipping is quick.
9. OXO Kitchen Scale. This scale is accurate and easy to zero with a plate or bowl on it. It’s great to use to determine portion size.
10. Boos Block 12 inch square cutting board. The larger Boos Block cutting boards are more than $50., but this 12 inch square by 1 1/2 inch thick board would be a handy board to have for small chopping jobs. It comes with feet to keep it secure to your counter.
11. Lodge carbon steel skillet. This gift is on my wish list as I don’t have one yet. Carbon steel skillets are used by restaurants since they heat up fast and are inherently non-stick. Meat sears well and fried eggs slide around in the pan. They must be seasoned and oiled to protect from rusting, so they are similar to cast iron in care.
12. Lodge 10 1/2 ” cast iron grill pan. I use this all the time to grill beef, chicken and fish. It gives you great grill marks and is oven safe. I use it for chicken breasts a lot. Get a nice sear on both sides and then finish cooking in the oven.
So there you have 12 gift ideas under 50 dollars. I’m certain that the cook in your family or on your gift list would love any of these.
Have a joyous holiday season.